Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh those sanctimonious tree huggin hippies

Ok, so its no secret that I think vegetarians are idiots. Why anyone would want to voluntarily deny themselves an entire food group, is absolutely beyond me. The big brained and always amusing Andrew Denton put it much better than I ever could:

Vegetarians are essentially betraying our species. It has been given to us, as the most intelligent animals on the planet, to kill whatever we may choose- and I think if we back off from things like cows and chickens, they'll sense our hesitation and will organise and over run us.

I found this article on the Women's Day website, totally cracked me up. Followed a link from Oh No They Didn't and found this story about a girl who fed her preachy vegetarian flatmate meat:

As soon as I had cut and served the lamb, Simone cleared her throat and stood up. My stomach back flipped as she proceeded to give each of my friends the same lecture she always gave to me, calling them slaughterers, and murderers, and animal haters. Several of my friends, who in fact loved animals very much, got very upset at this and left, while all the rest of us could do was pick at our food unhappily after Simone had finished her tirade. The party was ruined.

Read the rest of the story here:
http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=228553

No comments: