Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New Abstract in Yellow

Since Dallas refused to let me do anything else to my red abstract (or rather strongly suggested that I leave it) we decided that I may as well make a MASSIF one. So on Saturday, which also happened to be the day before my crazy awesome birthday, I found a patch of sun and started on the undercoat.


Looks kind of hideous right? Not to worry, that's only the underneath layer, so that when I paint over and scrape back some contrasting colours come through.


Today's effort. The Mall was absolutely freezing and devoid of customers, so I cranked the music and had a dance around to warm up, then got to work with the yellow.
Looking pretty spiffy so far. Now all I have to do is get my hands on some more paint... totally ran out.

5 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I wanna see what happens next!

Emerald Arts said...

Don't worry, you will ;)

flossy-p said...

WOW, looks like your art is crossing to a whole new level!!!

Happy Birthday btw!!!!! :D

Emerald Arts said...

Thanks flossy, both for the compliment and the birthday wishes ;)

That painting was so much fun to paint, here's hoping I can sell it soon and make many more massif ones.

Renee said...

Em this is serious shit.

I love it.

Happy Birthday my sweet love.

Renee xoxo