Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dust to Dust


I've been trying (and failing) to come up with words to describe the horror of the Victorian bushfires but it's just.... horrible. I've lived through two natural disasters in my own city, earthquake then flood, but floods can be cleaned up after, for the most part, whereas fires are just so brutal...


I'm sure you've read a thousand blogs by now that tell you how to help, so I won't tell you that, instead I'm just going to say that I'm heartbroken for Victoria and I hope that the staggering donations that have poured in from all over the world have helped those effected begin rebuilding their lives.


-Emmeline

2 comments:

Renee said...

I think there is really good support from Canadians going to Australian. Australians are so similar to us and so many Canadians are married to Australian.

Not only the fact that we are one people on one planet.

Love Renee

Emerald Arts said...

It's funny, I've always felt the same way. It's like Canadians are our northern siblings :)