Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to James Willebrant....


A while ago I wrote a post about one of my favourite artists, and here is the follow up. The picture that you see here hangs in the living room at Hawks Nest (the best place and the best house in the world). If I had to explain why we love it so much, besides the fact that its gorgoeous of course, it would be because it makes us feel free. Something about the diver's pose makes her look like she's flying instead of falling. So great :)


1 comment:

ida Halliday said...

Hi Emerald Arts...
I was just doing a search for some info re' James' work on the web and I came across your blog posting..
I am Ida, the partner of James Willebrant..

It was so nice to read your enthusiastic and perceptive response to his Diving Painting...I too always thought she looked very free and floating not falling...
I showed James your post and he was very pleased also to read your comments on his work...

You certainly are a dedicated follower of his work ...with great taste in Art!

If you would like to see more of his recent works we have just updated his website and it is now looking fantastic.[www.jameswillebrant.com]
You might also like to visit his Sydney Gallery website[www.sohogalleries.net] which features his latest exhibition images...his first Sculpture Show !!!!!
Kind Regards,
Ida and James