Monday, August 4, 2008

Some new Creatures



The new and improved Widget the Brave. Am getting more confident with my sewing, thought that a brave creature probably deserves a medal... so after mucking around with a few designs I decided that I would use this one.

Widget is posing on an unfinished painting. His eyes are vintage buttons.

Before we get to the next two, let me just say that I'm tired and am on the laptop and I can't quite bring myself to get up from the comfy couch and go to the big computer that has all that editing stuff on it.



Experimenting with new ways of photographing the creatures. My painting style has changed a bit too, as you can probably tell from this picture, I've been somewhat influenced by the latest Batman movie.




Space Ninja, silver fabric sourced from the vintage and antique store on Beaumont street. The stuff feels incredible and not at all like you would expect it to. Although if you have ever felt a wallet made out of eel leather, you'll know what I'm talking about.

No comments: