Friday, August 29, 2008

Voodoo Susan kits are on Etsy




Well, it took me a while to figure it all out, to scan in the kit and shiny it up with Corel Paint, but I got there. The first Voodoo Susan kit is up on Etsy here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14740227

and I have created a Flickr pool (?) for pictures of travelling Voodoo Susans, both mine and Susan's made by others. When I have sold the kits from my market stall, I've always begged the customer to come back and show me their Susan when they are done, and when they do... it's so exciting. Such a simple little toy to make, but to see the different interpretations of it, things added, the pride they have in their own creation... really cool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30088577@N08/

Most of the impetus behind Emerald Arts comes from this kind of joy. So much of my childhood was spent creating things then showing them to others. I wanted a way that I could give this feeling to kids today. Hopefully it works, it seems to.

Anyway, check it out. Much love, Em.

No comments: