Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Work in Progress: Silver Bonsai tree



Today I started making a silver bonsai tree. The cranes are made from the foil coated paper you find in the bottom of Extra packets. I found the dish that the tree is 'growing' from at an op-shop down the opposite end of Beaumont Street from where I live. It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but it is the most beautiful thing, it's as if it is made from white alabaster and the bottom is detailed with these gorgeous geometric patterns... not sure if I can manage it for this lot of markets, but I want to find some sort of glass box or plastic platform that I can display it on so that the bottom can be seen as well.



Wanted to put it against some colour to see which parts of the tree needed work, so unfinished painting and pink tea towel stood in. Still undecided as to what I am going to put around the base of the tree, how much to sell it for (which I will hopefully have to bring myself to do), whether to add flowers to break up the silver or leave it as is...

I wanted to have something at the market stall that was a little more personal. I love my creatures, and it's fun making up the kits, but I feel like I need to have something of this facet of my arty stuff as well. Well, we'll see how it goes.

No comments: