1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I quit my job in admin and enrolled myself in the NEIS program, set up my own business and learned how to paint. That's quite a lot actually, looking back on it.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm going to learn to balance work and playtime. Been pretty shocking at that this year, everything has to be done NOW
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Meighan my friend and hairdresser :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Uncle Len (who was not a real uncle technically, but I loved him more than my actual uncles ;)
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year, been too broke :P
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Haha well this one is sorted, I'll be opening my own Art SPace "Emerald Arts"
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Ugh, I suck at remembering specific dates, let's just say that it was my birthday, since the world revolves around that and it should be a public holiday anyway.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Developing my own watercolour/scan/paint method. I wonder sometimes if I would have come up with that if someone else had been teaching me to paint rather than doing it myself.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Eating far too many foods with Salycilates thereby reducing my immune system. That or losing my best friend to her new flatmate (she who believes that she has a bubble in her brain that can be cured by herbal tonics).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Besides the usual? I sprained/broke my finger yesterday while checking at rock pools at Seal Rocks. Drank a lot of wine the night before, Ten's boss took us up there as a weekend getaway/christmas party, so I had to drink. Then, so that I could sleep, I took phenergan. So here's your lesson dear readers, don't phenerg and go investigationing, or you'll end up with a gimpy finger and a brused bum :P
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My silver heels
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Ten, definitely. He's the rock that my limpet self clings to. Unlike pretty much everyone else in my world he doesn't get the shits if I am too sick to go out, he gives me hugs and he's dead sexy. There is no way that I would be where I am now if he didn't believe that I was going to get somewhere with this art thing.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The girl who pretended to have anaphylaxis when we were having dinner in Melbourne but refused to use my epipen. Such a fuss.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Still excited, my shop of course!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"American Boy" Estelle & Kanye West
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? I'm always happy :)
ii. Thinner or fatter? about the same, but I am fitter
iii. Richer or poorer? same thereabouts, but hopefully with the shop that will change very soon.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dancing and clubbing, but yeah, no money :P
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping, but I can't really help that
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
God knows. Probably spend christmas lunch with the parents then the rest of the day drinking with mates
21. How will you be spending New Year's?
At the moment it's a toss up between a friends party up here or Bondi BEach
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Fell further LOL
23. How many one-night stands?
Unless you count fantasising about Jason Segal (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) then none.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Oh that has to be Pushing Daisies. So beautifully crafted, completely devastated to hear that it has been cancelled. I am going to write a strongly worded letter.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think I have ever hated anyone. I have cut off contact with a couple of frenemies, but that's not quite the same.
26. What was the best book you read?
It was a book by James May (Top Gear host) on the world's greatest inventions.
27. What was your greatest artistic/creative/musical discovery?
Oops, I already mentioned this one. Let's talk about my greatest artistic motivation. Entering into the Waste As Art competition made me realise that just how much paper goes through my house on a daily basis and that I should try to do something with it. So I started folding the cranes and putting them on ribbon cut offs from a factory at Sandgate.
28. What did you want and get?
A new car stereo (thanks Ten :)
29. What did you want and not get?
one MILLION DOLLARS!
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Hellboy 2. I'm so besotted with the universe created there, same guy that did Pan
s Labyrinth, just amazing.
As for unfavourite film of the year, have to pick Juno, it was so so crap. Selfconsciously cool, clearly trying to coin catch phrases. I just hated it.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was twenty nine, have no idea what we did. Next year is going to be a massive blow out though yeeeaaahhh
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
I am so bored of this quiz right now, this is why I never do these things. And my finger is hurting *sniff*
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Does Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin count?
37. Whom did you miss?
My bff Kate who lives in Sydney, which isn't that far away and we do see each other, but I wish I could see her every day.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
So many, but Renee gets tha mad props because she's lovely and makes me laugh so hard no sound comes out (that's how you know I'm truly amused)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
You can't fix other people's problems for them.
Free Colouring Sheets
4 years ago