Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm catching up on my blog reading today, here are some of the highlights

Operation Nice is a blog that has given itself the task of helping people to be nice. They have activities that you can do (like leaving notes for people) and every now and then they have a profile on someone who has done something nice for someone else. Todays blog was about rudeness in society, spurred on by Jerry Seinfield's assertion on Oprah that there are a lot of rude people out there. Ken Oath Jerry.

http://www.operationnice.com/2008/11/nice-news-are-you-rude.html


Now THIS is recycling. Students from the University of Munich made this installation in a barn entirely out of plastic cable straps. It's fascinating.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/view/4497/swiss-designers-saturday-university-of-munich.html



Sometimes Facebook is useful for stuff other than throwing sheep and poking people. This is my friend Sharna and I on the day we got to ring the school bell. Year 5- which is 11 years old. I'm the one on the right.







Just found this creature on a blog called "Plush It". Basically it's an exhibition in a shop called Ruban Rat (Newtown). Toy artists were given a basic template then had to create their own interpretation. This one is my favourite so far, but I haven't read the whole thing yet.


Have also submitted my portfolio to a new Australian design website called Modamuse. Here's hoping they like what they see. Off to have an afternoon sleep before going out to dinner with my BFF Nifty Nige. We've been best mates since playgroup (2 years old). He rocks.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I love the picture Emma. You are a little doll. xoxoxox